Family Support Service
The Task Force recently opened a new Family Support Service for North Co Dublin! Click here for the Family Support leaflet-Final.
What is Family Support?
Family members can get so caught up in trying to help the substance user they care about, that they often forget to look after themselves. It can be really hard for family members to ask for help, but it is one of the most important things that you can do; not just for yourself, but also for your loved one. We understand the stress you are going through, and we are here to help you.
This Family Support Service is a free, confidential & non-judgmental service.
We also support all parents in general who require support with building positive relationships with their children through workshops in the in the Triple P – Positive Parenting Program.
All services offered are free and confidential.
Please feel free to contact Siobhan Maher, the Family Support Specialist, if you have any questions or queries about the services offered at 01 8131786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Offer…
- Information on substance misuse/Brief Advice & Support/Assessment: Family members are listened to and given accurate information on drug & alcohol addiction, and the affects on the family. If family members would like to get more support, an assessment for a support plan is then carried out to ensure that the most relevant and appropriate supports are offered.
- 5-Step Method: 5-Step Method is an evidence-based intervention for family members living with substance misuse. This can be offered on a 1-1 basis or in a group setting.
- Triple P Parenting Groups: Triple P – Positive Parenting Program takes the guesswork out of parenting. It is one of the few parenting programmes in the world with evidence to show it works for most families. There are four ‘discussion groups’ and each group is only two hours long. Programme is open to people caring for children aged 2 to 12 years, & living in Nrt Co Dublin. See poster below for info.If you are interested in attending a Triple P group, or would like more information please call or email Karen (01 813 1786 or email@example.com).
- Young Person Support Programme: An evidence-based programme specifical-ly designed to support 12-17 year olds liv-ing with a drug or alcohol misusing rela-tive.
- Under 18s’ Support & Counselling: Support & counseling for children under the age of 18 years. This is an adolescent-friendly service with an aim to enable young people and their parents or carers to deal with difficulties within the context of the family.
- Family Counselling: Counselling and support for individuals and families.
- Peer-Led Family Support Groups: These Peer-Led Groups bring together family members who are affected by a loved one’s drug and alcohol misuse to talk through issues with others in the same situation, and support each other.
- Drug-related Intimidation Information Seminars: Information on the programme developed specifically to respond to the needs of the drug user and family members who are experiencing drug related intimidation.
- Substance-misuse related Bereavement Support: For family members who have lost a loved one through drug or alcohol use, or related causes.
- Signposting & Referral to Other Services: Referrals can be made for family mem-bers that need further specialist support i.e. North Dublin Community Care Ser-vice, CUIS (Foroige), Drug & Alcohol Pro-ject (Crosscare), Tusla Meitheal Process, Bereavement Support, etc.